Hướng dẫn làm bài ĐỀ THI IELTS 17/04/2021
- Paraphrase paragraph: shows>illustrates; the number of marriages>how many marriages; between 1951 and 2001>over a 50-year period.
- Overview/summary paragraph: (1) more first marriages than remarriages (2) the number of first marriages fluctuated, while the figure for remarriages remained almost constant
- Paragraph 3: select and report figures and trends for all marriages
- Paragraph 4: select, report and compare figures and trends for first marriages and remarriages.
- Introduction: refer to key ideas in the task statement (economic growth, developed and developing countries, happiness)
- Paragraph 2: reasons why there is not more happiness, especially in developed countries (1) marketing creates consumerism (2) migration to cities – social bonds are broken (Japan, the USA).
- Paragraph 3: lessons: (1) restrict and monitor advertising (2) redesign cities e.g. demolish high-rise buildings, provide social centres
- Conclusion: need to focus more on re-building communities