Hướng dẫn làm bài ĐỀ THI IELTS 04/12/2021
- Paraphrase paragraph: charts>pie charts; show>illustrate; proportion>percentages; holidaymakers>people on holiday. State the 4 types of accommodation, give the years.
- Overview/summary paragraph: (1) the largest % of holidaymakers stayed with family or friends (2) a rise in the % of those renting holiday apartments
- Paragraph 3: select, report and compare data for those staying with family or friends and those staying in hotels
- Paragraph 4: select, report and contrast percentages/trends for holiday apartments and camping
- Introduction: refer to the task statement. My opinion: students with mixed abilities should study together.
- Paragraph 2: arguments FOR choosing students based on academic ability – (1) students in classes of the same ability progress faster (2) there is less disruption in class when lessons match the level and skills of students
- Paragraph 3: arguments AGAINST – (1) selecting the most academically skilled means the majority of students are considered to be ‘failures’ (2) in mixed ability schools/classes students learn to cooperate and work as a team – a preparation for real life (eg at work, voluntary organising)
- Conclusion: my opinion re-stated: selection in schools is a selection of most students to fail. This is unfair.